Sunday, April 11, 2010

Praise The Lord!!
















































Psalm 113:9 "He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise The Lord." NIV
God is just so Good, isn't He? Who can praise him enough? I read this verse in Psalms the other day and just had to share with you all, the way it touched me. For so long I was that barren woman, barren in my soul. But God saved me, literally lifting me out of the depths and has settled me in a happy home. I love being a wife and mother, so much so that I wonder what my next stage of life will bring. I am more blessed than I could have ever asked to be. Why does God bless me so greatly? I am nothing but a wretch, a sinner. Yet He continually blesses me with His love and Grace. There are days, of course, when I don`t want God`s blessings! ( blasphemy to think much less write, but true none the less) I would rather go to the gym, or have coffee with friends, or spend hours uninterrupted, doing crafts. Yet, in my heart of hearts, I know this is not what I want, nor is it what God has given me. I can always tell when I have started to try to do things on my own, because this is the thought process I begin to have, poor, self-rightelous me. If I were to spend my time doing these things, I know I would miss out on, not only eternal blessings, but a chance to further Christ`s Kingdom. Not that these things aren`t important to some extent, we all need a little time to our selves, but every time I see Gabe learn a new word, Matilda sing to Eli, or the girls learn a new skill in the kitchen, I am filled with a sense of awe for Christ`s Creation and that He would bless me in being a part of His plans. I am forever greatful to my wonderful husband as well. He has truely taught me so much about dying to self and living for others. Every day when most people are still snug in their beds he drags himself out of bed and out of the house, to earn a living, that I may stay home with our children and be blessed by them throughout my day. Praise The Lord.... for so many things, too many to name.
P.S. in this video, Matilda is singing a song about God she made up"if you see a rainbow, you see God`s hands" notice the baby in the backround, and the vaccum cord. Just a day in the life... :)










2 comments:

Jane said...

Kristi, thanks for sharing your thoughts and Matilda's song! I loved hearing her sing.

Mimi

The Passionate Housewife said...

K,

That was just SO cute...what a little sweetie and your little toddler had me laughing!

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. We are blessed women indeed!