Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sometimes dreams really do come true!






OK, so most of you who know me know that I love nature and every thing the Lord has made in it. When I was a little girl, my mother once had a garden ,but didn`t really take care of it, which I always thought was a shame. Her parents also had a garden every summer and I have fond memories of eating cucumber/tomato salad with every evening meal.

For most of my marriage I have tried to have a "garden" of some type, even if it was only a few potted plants, but every year we have either had to move or my garden was not respected by others we lived near. This has caused me to long even more to get back to the land.

God has been working on me quite a bit over the past few years and he has been convicting me of many things, from our finances to small everyday things. Many of the changes God has layed on my heart have been small, like baking my own bread and making my own diapers. But some of them have been much bigger, like homesteading. This has started out as a small longing for a garden and has really become a firey dream in my heart to live a simpler life. One where we actually get to see Wade and spend time with him. Where the kids get to learn and work beside him.

This dream has started out as a small longing and has now grown into a plan and goals, which I will out line for you now.

Originally we fell in love with the country side while driving to Jared and Nikki`s wedding. It is very beautiful here. There a rolling hills, rivers and streams, and woods. Everything is so green. Our plan from that point on was to buy a house with a small amount of land, but the market has been sour here and we could not find what we were looking for. So in searching and praying about it, we have found a very nice Christian man who does owner financing. Our parcel is 4.2 acres with a small stream and a nice hill. At the top of the hill we are going to put a cabin we bought just this week, and will do all the inside finish work ourselves. In keeping with trying to be smarter with our money we have gotten rid of the van and bought a used 2002 dodge ram 4 door pickup truck. Also because our land is about an hour away from Wade`s work we went today and got a bike. Both these vehicles together are less than the price of the van!

So, as we progress with our dream plan, I will take pics and post them here for you all to see. We should be able to get out to the land next week when the rain lets up, I hope.

I can not express to you all how good it feels to have some concrete goals in our lives. For so long we have just been floundering, dreaming of someday, while today was waisting away. No more time for that. We are going to be very busy for the next few years, and that feel so GOOD! Blessings to you all-K

2 comments:

Jane said...

Great looking bike!

Jeff said...

Yo!

Love the bike! Awesome!

Sounds like things are going great for you guys!

Glad to know that you are settling in well!

If Gabe is the PJ salesman, Wade must represent the whitie tighty salesman.